1 (128 mL) Heinz Vegetables, Rice and Chicken Jar
1 (128 mL) Heinz Carrots Jar
1/3 cup (75 mL) broccoli florets
1/2 low sodium chicken stock cube (1/2 cube= 5 g, 1 tsp)
1 cup (250 mL) boiling water
1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
1/2 cup (125 mL) peeled and finely chopped yellow fleshed potatoes
1/2 cup (125 mL) peeled and finely chopped parsnip
1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook broccoli florets in boiling water for 4 to 6 minutes, or until soft. Drain and reserve.
2. Meanwhile, combine Heinz Vegetables, Rice and Chicken Jar with stock cube and boiling water. Stir until smooth.
3. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add potatoes and parsnip and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Pour Heinz Vegetables, Rice and Chicken Jar combined with stock cube, water and Heinz Carrots Jar into saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 18 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Add reserved broccoli florets.
4. With an immersion blender, lightly pulse to form a chunky puree. Stir in parsley.
5. Check temperature before serving.
6. Serve portion in a bowl and refrigerate remainder for another meal.